Looking After the Battery For Your Electric Bike
Looking After Your Battery From Electric Bikes Guildford
1. If you are doing any work on the bike or washing the bike remove the battery first. When the battery is not on the bike it is advisable to protect the connectors with a plastic bag or similar.
2. Never open the battery pack.
3. Only use the charger specific to your battery and only charge the battery in a dry environment.
4. Recharge the battery after every trip. As the batteries do not have a memory there is no need to fully deplete it.
5. Do not expose the battery to extreme temperatures. It is advisable the bring your battery into the house if you keep the bike in an unheated garage or shed in the winter. If you cycle in very cold weather (below freezing) the range of the battery will be reduced.
6. If you do not use the bike for over a month remove the battery from the bike and do not leave the battery to be uncharged for long. The optimum charge state of the battery if stored for extended times is 50 to 60%.
7. If you are transporting the bike outside the car remove the battery from the bike.
8. Clean the battery housing with a damp cloth. Never use a high powered hose on your bike and never submerge the battery in water.
9. If you are disposing of the battery either return it to your dealer or dispose of it carefully using local guidelines.
10. The range of the battery can be affected by a number of factors, such as : assistance level, gears, tyres and tyre pressure, inclines, road or path conditions, headwind, ambient temperature, weight of the bike, rider and any luggage.